The Waiting Place

/
0 Comments
We're trying to read a book a night to my growing belly in the hopes of raising a dedicated bibliophile and last night's livre du jour was Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss.  While I am not the biggest fan of the late Theodore Giesel, somehow the words of that darn book got through to me.

The Waiting Place...
... For people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.
- Oh, the Places You'll Go!, Dr. Seuss

 
I feel like I've been stuck in The Waiting Place for months now, years possible.  Life has been a game of Hurry Up and Wait and it's been driving me insane.  

We're waiting for baby, waiting for the weekend, waiting for the next paycheck, waiting, waiting, waiting...  What's made all this waiting worse (whoa alliteration train), is that I haven't been writing.  Not even my Daily Words or a journal entry, not even a short story or two or a blog.  

So, I am going to heed the good Doctor's warning and jump back into the fray, which is why I am blogging today (rhyme unintentional).  And tomorrow, we'll see.   So much of my life has turning into preparation for baby (eating well, exercising, nesting, buying, registering, researching, reading) and so it's hard for my brain to switch back to general writing fun and whatnot but I am going to make a whole hearted attempt to not turn this blog solely into my "mommy space."  

But then, I might.  

Tata for now!   Stay tuned for a countdown to The Great Gatsby movie.   I. Can't. Wait.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.