(This Introvert) LOVES: Book straps!

/
1 Comments
I was midway through a post about death and immortality and something of a rather serious nature when my husband and I embarked upon an impromptu library run (our library closes at 8pm, what??), which considerably altered my mood.  So, depressing post to come but for now.
via Academic Chic
 Book straps.  I love book straps (for some reason they remind me of Anne of Green Gables) and with my birthday approaching, The Porter book strap from Japan based B Yoshida (I think?) is on my "Better-Luck-Asking-A-Genie" list.  Not only does it come with a hefty $145 price tag for what looks like a 90s J. Crew belt, but it's also only sold in Japan.

Pictures via Gear Patrol

I'm in love!  I tried to fancy a book strap once from an old leather belt but left my prize on the table, mea culpa, and my dog chewed it up.  I'm not really a purse person (shoes are a different story).  Usually, if anything, I rock a messenger bag or a crossbody bag: one hand free to hold coffee, the other to press the walk button. 

Honestly, my ideal bag would be a cross between a book strap and a Cambridge Satchel (also on my wishlist).  So. Many. Colors! Sublime...
Available at asos.com
Picture via blog

Just enough to hold your latest library find/mass paperback you read in secret, a moleskin/swag notebook from work, Parker Jotter/BIC found on the bus, phone, and keys.  Who could ask for more?

As for the book strap.  If you can't find a way to buy one, the lovely folks at How About Orange have provided a great DIY
via How About Orange
Weekend project?  Indeed.  Happy Monday, folks!
Verbosely yours,
Kristen

P.S. Isn't this charming?  "Salvation lies within..." Or rather, mindless distraction lies within...
via blog


You may also like

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.