Giants Won; Writing Sabbath Observed

/
0 Comments
 It's a foggy Saturday morning, the coffee is brewed and, after a lengthy distraction yesterday (#RallyZito, Giants Win), I find myself primed for a long day of writing.  And yet...

via USAtoday
I feel like reveling in last night's memorable victory.  And why not?  I woke up yesterday mumbling, "It's been a great season," "We have a lot to be thankful for."  I had a special dinner planned to cheer up my husband in case it all ended.  And my blog post was supposed to start like this:
Baseball isn't torture, it's not heartbreak.  If it were, the baseball-verse would be committed in some detox facility for unhealthy addictions.  No, being a fan is being a (delusional) captain of a ship.  We (claim to) always know best how to drive her through tough times, take credit for her steadiness through storms, and if and when that day comes, we go down with our ship.  And respawn in the spring. 
But instead of dusting off that ubiquitous Bart Giamatti quote about baseball and heartbreak and placing it up on Twitter and Facebook like the last symbol etched on a headstone, I rejoice; our boys are coming home.  And that matters the most to me.  Sure, they've had some luck on the road where they've won 4 elimination games (the first team to ever do that by the way), but the seasons are changing and if what has been written long ago in the Great Book of Baseball is a game 6 loss, at least it will be in front of 40,000 hometown fans.

via McCovey Chronicles
 So, I declare a writing sabbath because so rarely are small miracles appreciated.  It has been a great postseason:  the baseball gods on Mount Cooperstown have kept us on our toes.  

Thus spoke Zito: "liv[e] pitch to pitch, moment to moment."

Sip your coffee slowly today.  Let your mind linger on the memories made and captured this season, whatever your team.  Stay in your cave, wrap yourself with your team-affiliated Snuggie, and eat a hot dog.  Accordingly, I will be enjoying the following distractions:
     
 And I will be listening to KNBR all day.  Except when they're talking about football.

Go Giants! #RallyVogey.  Eat your rally enchiladas! 
Kris



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.