2 Reasons My Husband Loves NaNoWriMo (T-Minus 2 Days)

/
0 Comments
NaNoWriMo Countdown: 2 Days

I've taken a mini vacation from blogging, that is to say a day.  I realized that my countdown was still somehow off.   Don't ask.  My ability to miscalculate astounds me. 

So, today is simply this:

2 Reasons My Husband Loves NaNoWriMo


1) He gets to buy a new video game.  The Xbox was a NaNoWriMo splurge years ago.  Since then it's been his excuse to collect one, yes one, video game a year.  Poor soul.  This year it was MLB 2K12.  He says what he really wants is Assassin's Creed 3. 

2) He gets to play video games.  I feel guilty spending a whole month ignoring him and he is all too happy to assuage my guilt and let his slumbering gamer ego out of hibernation.  

I should note that growing up with three brothers has turned me bitter towards video games of any kind.  I was outnumbered 3:1 most of my life when it came to the use of the TV, so yes, I am that wife.  I roll my eyes at the "benefits" of video games and flip the page of my book with audible disdain whenever such a stance is taken. 

He says his goal is to recreate the Giants' 2012 year on the video game.  I suppose that is a noble cause.



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.